Museum Community Engagement Manager
Salary: £30,510 – £35,223 pro rata pa
28.8 Hours per week
Did you know that Elmbridge has an outreach museum? Did you know that we host a variety of temporary exhibitions around Elmbridge each year? Did you know that we need an energetic and progressive person to help drive our museum forward?
Bringing the history of Elmbridge to life for our residents is essential to the success of the Elmbridge Museum. Our schools learning programme has been revitalised; our family activities have been redesigned and our temporary exhibitions have been expanded. We have worked hard to make our outreach museum a success and now we need a Museum Community Engagement Manager to drive this success forward.
- You are an enthusiastic and committed person, determined to bring the Elmbridge museum to life for our residents and visitors.
- You are a manager who can lead and inspire their team to fulfil the goals and ambitions of this important service.
- You are energetic and creative, happy to develop new ideas in collaboration with your team and the community.
- Have we just described you? Are you ready for a new challenge?
- Elmbridge is a progressive and compassionate local authority, committed to delivering excellent services to our customers.
- This is an exciting time for Elmbridge as we work towards delivering our three-year Museum Forward Plan for the Borough. We are determined to make Elmbridge thrive and we want you to help us with that.
- In return you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- A free medical check-up and flu jab each year
- Up to 3 days paid leave for you to care for dependents at time of illness or to manage other emergency situations
- Enrolment to our leisure discount scheme
- And the opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days annual leave
We can also create a bespoke learning and development programme for you, so that you can progress in your role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply online or if you would like to know more you can contact Liz on 01372 474 580.
You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing Date: Monday 24 June 2019
Interview Date: 10 July 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.