Learning and Outreach Officer
Salary: £21,955 - 24,277 pro-rata
28.8 hours per week
Elmbridge Museum is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and innovative professional for 12 months maternity cover to continue to deliver and develop our outreach learning programme; focusing on making the collections more accessible to the local community through a range of formal and informal learning programmes.
This role involves delivering an outreach learning programme for schools and developing the new Museum Explorers’ programme of activities for families. The successful candidate will find creative and exciting ways of achieving this goal and will contribute to the development of community focused events for a wide range of audiences across the Borough.
The successful candidate would possess the following essential attributes:
- qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- experience in museum education and / or teaching
- experience in the strategic development and delivery of learning activities for a range of audiences
- Experience in supervising staff/volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and lifelong learning issues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Effective oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work arrangements and the ability to work evening and weekends as required
- Required to be part of the Museum Emergency Response Team
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle to travel throughout the borough
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing Date: Tuesday 2 July 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 11 July 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.