Spatial Information Specialist
Employer: Elmbridge Borough Council
Salary: £30,510 to £38,904 pa
Location: Elmbridge Borough Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9SD
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 36 hours per week (DBS check required)
Reference: RES/19/ CMB114628577
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Do you have the drive and solutions focussed attitude we need?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious professional to join our dynamic corporate Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Team.
You will be a vital part of the team as you implement and manage our Geographic Information Systems, spatial data and the Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG), as well as supporting our street naming and numbering (SNN) service.
- You will be educated to degree level with relevant experience in the fields of GIS, LLPG or SNN.
- Our GIS team works across the organisation which will give you a great opportunity to showcase your inclusive, resilient approach and excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Being customer focused will be key and you will be competent in identifying user requirements and driving projects from initiation to completion.
- You will have practical experience in using QGIS (or comparative GIS) to capture or maintain data and carrying out analysis.
- You will be confident and precise in handling data, while ensuring a high quality of work inline with industry best practice.
- An understanding or experience of LLPG, planning life cycle processes and address maintenance is desirable, as you will play a significant role in meeting statutory obligations.
- Our team is responsible for delivering street naming and numbering services, previous experience of this service would be helpful but if you have worked in either GIS, or LLPG or SNN, we know you will be able to learn the other disciplines and we will of course support you with that.
- We know we ask a lot, but we give a lot too.
- We can offer flexible working in a progressive organisation.
- You can grow at Elmbridge through our bespoke learning and development and talent management programme.
- In addition to a generous annual leave allowance, you will also be offered leave for dependency, maternity and paternity support.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local organisations and free staff parking.
We are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are flexible, and constantly strive to improve ourselves and our services to better support our customers and residents. If you have a can-do, solutions focussed attitude, are well organised, and thrive under pressure, you will be a great fit for our team. What are you waiting for? Apply now!
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact Amy on 01372 474145.
You can also visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 May 2019 at 5pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 12 June 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.