Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer (Planning Services)
Salary: £36,014 - £48,429 pa
(set to increase by 2.3% from April 2019)
Closing date: 1 April 2019
Interview: 8 April 2019
Can you help us shape Elmbridge? Maybe you are thinking it’s time to step up to your next career challenge? Or perhaps you a committed planning professional needing a new career challenge?
With production of a new local plan reaching the next key stage, we are need a senior / principal planning policy officer; we need you! We need your enthusiasm, energy and drive to help shape Elmbridge.
If you are an experienced and ambitious planning or senior policy officer ready for the next step, or indeed an established planning professional looking for your new challenge - you should contact us. This role will broaden your planning knowledge, strengthen your skillset and be both challenging and rewarding.
About the role
You will be an active member of planning team, helping to drive the preparation, implementation and review of our local plan and evidence base, with all that involves –
- preparation of documentation
- co-ordination of policies, plans and programmes
- engagement with a wide range of stakeholders
- and providing information and expertise.
Being a planner in Elmbridge
Elmbridge is one of the busiest local planning authorities in the country and sets very high standards for the delivery of planning decisions within government targets. With land values that rival London and a population of 135,000, Elmbridge will provide you with an exciting and challenging step in your career.
The Borough maintains heavy demands for development and equally strong pressure to protect the local environment. It covers extensive high-quality residential areas, large areas of Green Belt, an important stretch of the Thames and several conservation areas and listed buildings. All of which makes this an interesting place to be a planner and it is easily accessed from London.
As a committed planning professional, you will have,
- a degree or equivalent in Town Planning
- experience in planning policy and writing policies
- a background in managing complex planning projects
- as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you whether its compressed hours or working from home, just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local businesses and free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Rachael our Local Plan manager a call on 01372 474843 or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
What are you waiting for?
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.