Community Transport Fleet Officer
(3 days per week)
Salary: £18,664 - £21,079 pro rata
Are you interested in working part-time? Would you like to be part of a team making a real difference to the community? If so, we may have the role for you.
Our community transport service is a life-line for many in our community. Imagine being in your home, unable to use public transport but desperate to still be part of the community, to attend classes and to attend medical appointments. This is where our community transport system supports our residents and we need to you to support our community transport service, by ensuring our fleet meet expectations.
- You will have a full current driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- You will be organised with good communication skills and a willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
- You will understand vehicle maintenance and defect reporting procedures.
- You will have a mechanical background with the ability to undertake minor vehicle repairs.
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- At 3 days per week, this role can offer you the flexibility you need.
- Depending on service requirements, you may need to drive one of our community transport vehicles on occasion.
- You will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call us on 01372 474524 or 01372 474551 or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing Date: 27 March 2019
Interview Date: To be advised
What are you waiting for?
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.