Property Compliance Officer
Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS)
Hours: 36hrs per week
Salary: £36,984 - £42,266 pa
(salary review is 1 April each year)
Closing date: 10 March 2019
Here at Elmbridge Borough Council, we are are on an exciting journey of growth and development; building on our reputation for serving the community and for providing high quality property related support services. Our recent success in creating affordable homes puts us in a great place for further development.
We are looking for a motivated, competent H&S individual to join the Asset Management and Property Services team (AMPS).
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality, customer focused H&S compliance service which meets all the regulatory and statutory duties of a registered social landlord.
You should be able to demonstrate significant experience in developing, monitoring and implementing annual and cyclical service programmes and knowledge of implementing policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- taking a lead role in the development of detailed policies and procedures for all our property assets
- undertaking regular inspections of our property portfolio to ensure everyone is kept safe
- providing project management support for our major building project
You will be:
- committed to minimising risks
- determined to improve safety procedures
- passionate about helping others stay safe
- ready for their next career challenge
Some of our current projects:
- Weybridge Hall – the development of a town centre community hall into five affordable housing units and a commercial cinema.
- EBC Homes Ltd – we have established a company to help us provide more affordable homes in Elmbridge. We will work through our own property portfolio and the Borough’s local plan to deliver for our residents.
As well as having a Nebosh diploma you will have experience of:
- working within the construction and/or public sector or an equivalent multi-disciplinary business to ensure a statutory compliant property portfolio
- conducting safety audits and following through on resulting actions
- accident investigation, report writing and representing an employer at subsequent meeting
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being:
- committed to quality service
- experienced in dealing with a high workload and the ability to prioritise different tasks
- appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
- Our AMPS team consists of three elements: - facilities, estates and building and maintenance. We provide high quality property and facilities advice on all level to ensure a cost effective and statutory compliant estate which makes the best use of its assets whether they are operational assets used for service delivery or investment. You will enjoy an innovative and creative team who are hard working and passionate about delivery but at the same time celebrate their successes and work cohesively with other teams in the organisation.
- This is a great opportunity for you to work in an organisation where you can make a significant impact, embed real change and deliver fantastic outcomes. In return we will provide you with the opportunity grow your career and support your professional development. What are you waiting for? #JoinUs
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please call Simon Morris or Alex Williams - 01372 474224
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.