Capital Accounting Technician
Salary: £24,302 - £34,431 pa
An opportunity has now arisen for you to join a successful Finance Team. The successful candidate will assist the Capital Accountant with:
- The provision of financial services for all capital projects including the preparation and monitoring of the Council’s capital programme for all portfolios of the Council and the provision of advice on the impact of capital projects on the Council’s partial exemption position.
- The calculation of support service recharge estimates for all portfolios of the Council.
- The maintenance of the Council’s asset management system.
- The preparation of the Final accounts and Statement of Accounts relating to the capital activities of the Council.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is willing to contribute to a wide range of financial activities for these services and to provide cover on a rotation basis for routine tasks undertaken by the team of accounting technicians.
- Are AAT Qualified
- Are highly numerate
- Have good IT and communication skills
- Would like to work with a highly successful team with good career opportunity.
Working hours are 5 days a week Monday to Friday with the flexibility to agree your preferred start and finish times between 7.30am and 7.30pm.
Contact Alison Gale (01372 474121) for further details about this exciting opportunity or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 January 2019
Interview Date: Monday 4 February 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.