Planning Technical Officer / Business Support Officer
Salary: £22,705 - £30,212 pa
Closing date: 30 November at 9am
You know you can juggle competing workloads. You know that have strong organisational and communications skills and you know that you love the buzz of a busy team, with supportive colleagues. What you might not know is that Elmbridge Borough Council has the job for you!
Our business support team is the engine room of Planning Services at Elmbridge. As a vital member of this team you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including;
- producing officers’ reports and decision notices and agendas
- validating and registering planning applications
- processing of pre-application enquiries and complaints.
- providing administrative support for Planning Services including day-to-day tasks, plus specific projects, record management, document preparation and consultation tasks.
- and registering planning compliance investigations within target times.
- As you would expect you will be need to highly organised and a strong communicator. You will be working across the Planning team as well as the rest of the council, so having a solution focused mentality will serve you well.
- Don’t worry too much if you don’t have experience of validating planning applications and processing pre-application enquires, we will create a bespoke learning and development package for you, to give you all the technical skills and confidence you need.
- What do also need are IT skills of course and the experience of recording and managing
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you whether its compressed hours or working from home, just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local businesses and free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Danni our Business Support Team Leader, a call on 01372 474781.
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.