Salary: £21,955 - £32,436
Are you looking for your first role in local government, a change of career or maybe just a new challenge? If so, then we have the role for you.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Policy Team, within Organisational Development (OD). You will be working in Elmbridge, a vibrant and progressive Borough, located just outside of Greater London with very accessible road and rail links to London and the South East.
The role will have a focus on performance and business improvement and is a fantastic opportunity for a great team worker who wants variety in their job and to help us achieve our Vision and Priorities for Elmbridge.
Why you should apply for the job
- You will have the chance to show your strong communications skills as you will be provided with many opportunities to engage with a wide range of people.
- You will be working in a fast-moving team which will appeal to your ability to get things done under pressure and to work to deadlines.
- You will be energised by the freedom to be proactive in your role and when you realise that your ideas for improvement will be listened to and actioned.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Learning and development:
- We will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you, including coaching and mentoring.
- And we really mean it! We know you must juggle work and life commitments and we will discuss the right mix for you.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- The package:
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If all of this sounds interesting and you want to know more please contact Annabel Crouch, Policy Manager on 01372 474398.
Closing Date: 12pm, Monday 25 November 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.