Carbon Reduction & Sustainability Officer
2 year fixed term
36 hours per week
Are you committed to carbon reduction and sustainability? Can you bring your experience, expertise and enthusiasm to Elmbridge to help us become carbon neutral by 2030?
Earlier this year, Elmbridge declared a climate emergency and pledged to become carbon neutral Council by 2030. We need someone who can lead on environmental, climate change and sustainability issues, as well as helping to promote sustainability in Elmbridge. We need you!
- You will be our champion on sustainability and environmental issues both within the Council and around the borough of Elmbridge.
You will develop and help to execute an action plan that supports our carbon neutral and sustainability targets.
Among other traits and experience, you will have:
- excellent communications and writing skills and the ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team.
- experience in the co-ordination and delivery of environmental, sustainable, climate change or related projects.
- the ability to analyse issues, identify priorities and implement solutions.
Elmbridge is a progressive organisation, determined to put people at the heart of everything we do. Indeed, people make us tick. Our people are our residents and our customers; we serve them, support them, listen to them and protect them.
We are made up of leaders, coaches, mentors, councillors, volunteers, mums, dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents - everyone bringing their ideas, thoughts, life experience and commitment to the organisation to help the people of Elmbridge.
- You will be part of this organisation, bringing your experience and ideas to help Elmbridge thrive.
- You will have the full support of your colleagues, your team and the organisation’s managers.
- You will be guided in your professional development.
- You will be working in a culture committed to flexible and smarter working.
- You will also benefit from our ‘thrive’ benefits and discounts package, which includes a free medical check each year, paid care of dependents leave and the chance to ‘buy’ up to 10 additional days’ annual leave each year, as well as a range of high street discounts.
You will find out more about the role in the job description and person specification and you will find out more about us through our website (elmbridge.gov.uk/joinus) and through our LinkedIn page.
If you have any questions about this role, please call our Head of Environmental Services, Anthony Jeziorski.
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.