Community Transport and Fleet Manager
Salary: £30,510 - £35,223
Do you thrive in a busy working environment?
Can you effectively manage a busy Community Transport service providing a Community Transport, Dial A Ride, Hire A Bus, Community Cab as well as contracted activity working with committed people in the Community Transport team?
Would you be able to draw on fleet management or Community Transport/previous experience of leading a busy team?
Would you like to be part of a team making a real difference to the community? If so, we may have the role for you.
Our community transport service is a life-line for many in our community. Imagine being in your home, unable to use public transport but desperate to still be part of the community, to attend classes and to attend medical appointments. This is where our community transport system supports our residents and we need to you to support our community transport service, by ensuring our fleet meet expectations.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to go the extra mile, has a passion for Community Transport, is not afraid of a challenge and can work creatively to manage and develop existing services to ensure their sustainability for the future. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a business working environment that may be completing government statistical data, performance reviews on staff and possibly driving all in the same day.
- You will have a full current driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- You will be organised with good communication skills and a willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
- You will understand fleet management, staff management and can maintain performance indicator activity with producing reports where appropriate
- You can call on scheduling, fleet management and you would be happy to drive a vehicle to cover for core activities where there is no driver available
- You will understand fleet maintenance defect reporting and procurement.
- You will understand the requirements for section 19 Community Transport operations and welcome developing business opportunities
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- This is a full-time role which requires working flexibly with the rest of the team ensuring that we do have cover from 8am to 4.30pm ensuring there is core staff available at those times.
- Depending on service requirements, you may need to drive one of our community transport vehicles on occasions
- You will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call us on 01372 474545
What are you waiting for?
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.