ICT Service Desk Analyst
Salary: £21,955 - £29,403 pa
Join the ICT Service Team at Elmbridge
A great new opportunity has opened, for an ICT Service Desk Analyst required to provide IT support to all council staff, elected members and third-party partners working for the council. You will be the first point of contact on the front line helping and advising on all software and hardware used within the council.
Elmbridge Borough Council is a progressive organisation at the heart of the local community. As you can imagine we rely on our IT and digital team to help us deliver key services to our residents and businesses. You will be joining an energetic team, determined to provide a quality service to 400+ people across the council. You will be part of a learning culture at Elmbridge and we will support both your professional and personal development.
About the role
Among many aspects of the role, the work is very varied and interesting; no two days are the same. You will be:
- monitoring the IT service desk system, all requests and incidents in-line with agreed SLA’s
- supporting IT communication systems, telephony and mobile services, including mobile device management
- providing IT support to our customers, with a customer focussed approach
- building close working relations with all employees, communicating effectively, face to face, over the telephone or online
- working within a team including the IT business support, infrastructure support teams and third-party partners and suppliers
- assisting the implementation of new systems and hardware developments, in line with our project management standards
- undertaking IT professional certificate training, enabling you to expand on your IT skills using these confidently within various IT support areas
This role would suite a highly customer focused IT Service Desk professional, who is keen to progress further. You have:
- worked with the latest technology with an ability to seek solutions to any problems that arise
- experience of working on a support desk, developing Solutions for the online help
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, to be able to converse with the customer
- competency in following procedures and of keeping accurate records, with strong organisational skills and a logical thought process
If you think Elmbridge Borough Council is the place for you, apply online now. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda on 01372 474132 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th September 2019
Interview date: 23rd September 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.