Centre Assistant - working across various locations
Community Support Services
Salary – £9.72 - £10.17
Hours - variable, c. 4-5 per day worked
Are you ready to help the older people in your community? Can you offer your experience and your compassion to our customers across Elmbridge? If it is time for you to take on something new and interesting, we want to hear from you.
We are proud of our commitment to support our older and more vulnerable residents through the community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
They offer the smile, the fun, the conversation, the support group, the hot meal and even the hair-do that allows our customers to continue to feel part of the community. We need you to be part of this essential service!
- This role as a Centre Assistant will not be based at one particular Centre. Instead you will have the advantage of working around all of the Centres; being part of all their individual communities.
- You will work on a monthly rota basis going where you are needed most – maybe at the Hersham Centre on Monday to help set up a flower arranging class, on Tuesday you could be at Weybridge supporting the Latin dance group or serving lunches and so your week will be truly varied.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas across the Centres and to help ensure that our Centres provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education and have experience working in a care environment.
- You will have strong organisational and communications skills, as well as being equally comfortable working in a team as on your own.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation, determined to put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to learning and development and we will work with you to create a development package to suit you and the role.
When can you start?
If this is the job for you, please review the job description and person specification and then complete the online application. If you have any queries, please do give us a call on 01932 247549 and speak to Denise.
Application deadline: 5p.m. on 17th July 2019
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.