Amey provides a range of waste and recycling collections and street cleansing services for Joint Waste Solutions, an organisation which manages waste collection for four Surrey councils – Elmbridge, Woking, Surrey Heath and Mole Valley
Our Waste Collections teams work hard to deliver a service which protects the environment and supports people to reuse and recycle more – reducing the amount of waste going to landfill. We work with local authorities to deliver a waste service that covers everything from collecting waste at residents’ doorsteps right through to processing, recycling and creating energy from waste.
We currently have Permanent driver vacancies available in our 4 depots.
- Surrey health
- Mole Valley
What is the purpose of this role?
As a Driver/Loader your main role will be to drive the loader trucks in public areas and in all weather conditions so you will need to have the desire to work outside. You will drive up to 26T refuse collection truck and load bin as required
You will also be required to support the Waste Operatives by helping on occasions with the collecting refuse/recycling from residential properties and dispose of refuse in designated receptacles.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections and complete appropriate paperwork
• Operate the compaction controls of the company vehicle when required
• To operate the ‘in cab device’
• Work as a member of the team and receive instructions from Supervisors and help communicate to other crew members
• Ensure paperwork is completed fully and passed to relevant Supervisor
• Carry out and assist with Loading responsibilities as required
• Ensure the satisfactory completion of work in accordance with instructions
• Be compliant with Health and Safety at work requirements
• Give advice, guidance and assistance to new or inexperienced staff
• Carry out any reasonable task or other duties and responsibilities as may be required
• At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties with regard to the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy
What are we looking for?
- Driving experience
• Class 2 Licence.
• Driver CPC Qualification
• You must have a valid digital tacho card
• Previous experience in customer services and customer care skills but not essential
• Maintaining level of service in all weather conditions
• Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Flexible approach to hours of work
• Health and Safety awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
To apply - visit this link and apply directly to Amey -
Elmbridge Borough Council - Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.